Introduction: HOMEMADE S’MORES ICE CREAM
This ice cream came out delicious. It is creamy and sweet with all the real flavors of s’mores. I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate caramel squares, crushed graham crackers and toasted mini marshmallows. I really wanted to get that charred marshmallow flavor into each bite, it’s the best part. It worked!
Step 1: Ingredients and Equipment Needed
2 cups heavy whipping cream
7.5 ounces marshmallow crème – one container
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
½ cup mini marshmallows – toasted
4 sheets gram crackers crushed
6 pieces Chirardelli chocolate caramel squares cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Stand or Hand Mixer
Sterno or other chafing fuel can
wood or metal skewers
Step 2: Directions
1. Light the chaffing fuel can and toast the mini marshmallows. You can toast about 5-6 at a time. Remove from stick and place onto parchment paper to let cool.
2. Crush the graham crackers into small pieces.
3. Cut the chocolate squares into small pieces. Set aside. (Note: if using squares with caramel, place in the freezer for about 5 minutes. When you cut the chocolate, the caramel will stay in the chocolate).
4. Whip the heavy cream, in stand mixer or with hand mixer until stiff peaks have formed. Add marshmallow crème, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix well. Do Not Overmix.
5. Fold in the toasted mini marshmallows, crushed graham crackers and chocolate pieces into the cream mixture.
6. Transfer into a freezer safe container and freeze for about 8 hours before serving.
Step 3: ENJOY!
Serve ice cream in a cone or bowl and enjoy this perfect summer treat!
Participated in the
Frozen Treats Speed Challenge